You might say that the art of the bath was perfected in the ancient Turkish culture with the hammam (similar to a sauna) as an important personal ritual for cleanliness. We’ve since adopted many similar aspects of the traditional Turkish bath into our own bathing routines, even including the style of towels that were used. Turkish bath towels, also known as foutas, pestemals, or hammam towels, are exceptionally soft, moisture-wicking, and quick to dry, plus their high-quality fabric and chic designs make them versatile enough to be used as beach towels, throw blankets, or even sarongs. If you’ve never used one, you don’t even know the exquisite post-bath pampering you’ve been missing — check out our top Turkish bath towel picks below.
Make every day feel like a spa day!
Here is the list of the world’s most beautiful and exciting places that should be on your bucket list;
- Iceland – If you are looking for one of the best natural phenomenons of the world look no further than the northern lights in Iceland.
- Great Wall of China – This popular tourist attraction is thousands of miles long and passes through 156 counties with 7,062 lookout towers. It is the largest cultural relic humans have ever built.
- Taj Mahal – This massive marble temple in northern India is one of the most recognizable structures in the world.
- Giza, Egypt – The Great Pyramid of Giza is the best-known of the Pyramids of Giza and is one of the ancient Seven Wonders of the World. Finished around 2,560 BC, the 481-foot creation was the tallest man-made structure in the world for 38 centuries until the completion of the Lincoln Cathedral in 14th century England.
- Iguazu Falls, Argentina – Iguazu National Park, which is situated on the international border of Argentina and Brazil, features one of the world’s most breathtaking natural wonders.
- Angkor Wat, Cambodia – Angkor Wat is considered one of the most significant architectural achievements of ancient times and, today, remains the world’s largest religious monument.
- Grand Canyon, Arizona – Considered North America’s greatest natural wonder, this red-hued canyon stretches 277 river miles long, eighteen miles wide and one mile deep. It will simply leave you breathless.
- Eiffel Tower, France – The Eiffel Tower is not only the world’s most-visited paid monument but it’s also the most valuable at about $561.9 billion. It was built by Gustave Eiffel for the 1889 World’s Fair.
- Galapagos Islands, Ecuador – Charles Darwin once called the Galapagos Islands a “little world within itself.” In fact, the famed naturalist developed his theory of evolution by natural selection soon after his visit to these isles in 1835. This area is known as a melting pot of marine life because of its location at the confluence of three ocean currents. It’s home to an abundance of colourful species, including the pink iguana and giant green tortoise.
- Clearest Waters in Bonito, Brazil – This town, located in the interior of Brazil, has been called the Caribbean of the central west because of the clarity of its water. The ground has large amounts of limestone that actually forms a natural filtration element, leading all impurities to be deposited in the river bed. It is also filled with a variety of marine life, which makes Bonito one of the best freshwater diving and snorkelling areas of all time.
By Azure Towels
Go casual, simple and very light !
Lightweight, absorbent, and quick to dry, AZURE Towels are a better and eco-friendly alternative to traditional terry cloth towels. They absorb water as fast as a traditional towel, dry quicker and take up less space. Azure towels are easier to carry and, therefore, often used as an alternative to towels in bathrooms, spas, beaches, poolsides, sport facilities and even for baby care!
Choose your Azure Towel, pack light and be happy !!
Must-have beach and travel accessories at Azuretowels.com
Packing is quick and painless with the right tools. Travel-friendly, lightweight and quick-drying Azure towels and robes are an excellent alternative to traditional terry cloth towels. These contemporary Peshtemal towels (also known as Turkish towels) are extremely absorbent, quick-drying and are taking up less space. Peshtemal towels are easier to carry and, therefore, often used as an alternative to towels in bathrooms, spas, beaches, pool sides, sport facilities and they are great for travel.
Azure towels come in so many styles and colors; you’ll be able to find one that suits your exact needs at http://www.azuretowels.com
Breezy cover-ups, like Bamboo Peshtemal towels and the Exotic Beach Rope Cover Up, are great for lounging by the pool or transitioning between beach, pool, and home.
100% cotton, lightweight and absorbent Azure bathrobes and towels are a must-have travel accessory that will make your life so much easier while traveling.
Welcome to Azure Peshtemal!
We would like to introduce ‘contemporary Peshtemal towels’ from Turkey. The benefits of these wonderful, traditional and long-lasting Turkish towels are many. Lightweight, absorbent, and quick to dry, AZURE Peshtemals are a better and eco-friendly alternative to traditional terry cloth towels. The Peshtemal absorbs water as fast as a traditional towel, dries quicker and takes up less space. Peshtemal towels are easier to carry and, therefore, often used as an alternative to towels in bathrooms, spas, beaches, pool sides, sport facilities and even for baby care. The Peshtemal fabrics include varieties of 100% cotton, linen, bamboo, even silk, and are hand-woven in wooden looms in Turkey.
Quickly spreading throughout Europe and among celebrities as the trendiest beach and poolside accessory, Peshtemal Towels are a fashionable investment and addition to your wardrobe and linen closet.
Azure Peshtemal offers a great selection of Bath/Beach towels & robes.
Turkish cotton is highly durable and absorbent. So, if you’re the kind of person who doesn’t want to wait longer for your towels to dry, Turkish cotton may be for you. Turkish cotton also yields an extremely soft, comfortable towel. The more you wash a Turkish cotton towel, the fluffier and more absorbent it becomes. That’s why a number of world-class hotels choose to use Turkish cotton towels.